- Get Pro
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Sticky Popular Sticky Topics||abaft ducks (deleted)||21||excellent start (deleted)||7 years ago|
|ORLEANS: Looking for a New "Reeve"||dwight_ew||1||dwight_ew||18 days ago|
|Photography||abaft desire (deleted)||3||dwight_ew||10 months ago|
|Call for Advice re: Courtroom Art from Newspapers||dwight_ew||0||dwight_ew||11 months ago|
|Ottawa Spring Photography Question||Cory Lyon Creates||3||zJMac||1 year ago|
|A question about signmaking history in Ottawa||dwight_ew||0||dwight_ew||1 year ago|
|Anyone using a FUJIFILM X-E3?||Lito AKA Lito ☀||0||Lito AKA Lito ☀||2 years ago|
|In Search of the Best Ottawa Flower Spots||Cory Lyon Creates||1||dwight_ew||2 years ago|
|SO...subscription fees changing under the new management?||dwight_ew||4||Viejito||2 years ago|
|Sneaker Sale Spam Alert!||dwight_ew||14||dwight_ew||2 years ago|
Group DescriptionWelcome to the Ottawa group!
Here's a link to Ottawa's Photographic Hotspots
If it has something to do with Ottawa, even its outskirts, or an Ottawa based photographer wanting to share their opportunities and experiences, or even someone wanting to suggest a road trip, please feel free to post it. But if a moderator decides it is not relevant to Ottawa, then they will remove the post and send you an e-mail as to why. If you feel this was unjust, please discuss it with a Moderator, they are awesome and considerate individuals.
This groups is active both here on flickr with photography discussions, interesting threads like the scavenger hunts, as well as in person as many participants organize outings and activities. You've never been to a flickr outing? Then try one with the Ottawa group, it's great fun!
This group has few rules but in order for it to remain family friendly, they are important:
1. Be polite, respectful and open minded in any discussions. The Internet has a way of twisting what we intend to say so review your posts before hitting send and when things do heat up, don't let them escalate. Moderate yourself!
2. Pictures should be in good taste. That means they should not be of a pornographic nature (artistic nudes are accepted although ask yourself if this is really the best place for those images), show gratuitous violence or obscenities, convey heinous or discriminatory messages or make your grandmother faint. When in doubt, ask a moderator or administrator before posting.
3. Flickr has a system to moderate the content. You must tag your content appropriately ("safe", "moderate" or "restricted") so that your mature content will not appear for those who do not wish to see content of that nature.
4. Pool posting limit is 3 pictures per day. Anything goes as long as you either live in the area, came to Ottawa and want to share your discoveries or vacation snaps, or if you are a regular participant in the group. People who join groups just to post pictures and get comments will be banned.
5. If someone asks for suggestions on finding a photographer for an assignment, responses should be sent by personal message. Flickr prohibits the use of the site for commercial purposes. If you want to let people know you are available for paid shoots, link to your site in your description, which Flickr tolerates, and people will click if they are interested.
6. Don’t use Flickr for commercial purposes. Flickr is for personal use only. If we find you selling products, services, or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, FlickrMail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr. With that in mind, feel free to post about gear that you have that lying around that you're not using any more, or gear that someone else might have lying around that you'd like to start using On this thread
- Don't post any prices.
- Please keep this thread practical. Take conversations to flickrmail.
- Please remove messages where you've solved your problem.
- Messages older than two months will be deleted; if you haven't filled your heart's desire by then, feel free to re-post.
7. Be nice. This is just a group on the Internet and it should be fun.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe