- Get Pro
Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionThis is an Arts Council funded project commissioned by Cambridge City Council devised by the award winning Pilot Theatre and Historyworks to mark the arrival of the Tour de France in Cambridge on 7 July 2014. This project is a great opportunity to showcase and celebrate the talent and diversity of Cambridge and we want as many local people of all ages as possible to get involved, share their voice and celebrate the city in song!
Nine songs and sound poems are being commissioned from a wide range of composers. The songs will be inspired by the stories of nine iconic locations along the route that the Tour will take in Cambridge. The lyrics for the songs and poems will be taken from research led by Historyworks, which is being undertaken by local people, research students and history groups into the hidden stories of Cambridge. You can check out how the history project for Cycle of Songs is developing - by going to the Historyworks website here: historyworks.tv/news/2014/03/13/cycle-of-songs/
In the build up to the event we will be working with composers, local musicians, choirs, poets, historians, schools and volunteers to help us create this new Cycle of Songs. We will be looking for new stories and sounds that will help us to animate the route the cyclists will be taking on the day. If you would like to be involved please sign-up via cycleofsongs.com/.
Here on Flickr we will also be uploading images of the cyclists' route through Cambridge, past and present, and would like you to join us in sharing your own images of the city, its citizens and its history.
Group RulesRules of this account are :
- Please only upload images/videos that are related to the Cycle of Songs project or the Tour de France route through Cambridge (unless requested by the Group Admin)
- All photos must be tagged so that they are easy to search and in good order to offer back to the archive.
- Tag format to be - Date of event/image; Event (e.g. Launch event); Venue (e.g. Great St Mary's Church); Your Name; Theme (e.g. cycling)
- Maximum photo size to upload is 4Mb. If we need a bigger version we’ll contact you
- By uploading photos to this Flickr page you are allowing its use for anything relating to the Cycle of Songs project (including archive).
- If tagged correctly with your name we will make sure there is a photographer's credit wherever applicable.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe