spearfish123 11:45pm, 8 January 2007
I am looking to buy a Lens Polarizer and Lens hood for the 18-55mm kit lens that comes with the D40. Does anyone know wat lens hood to get? Anyone here have suggestions for a good polarizer? What do you currently use?
smoggy egg [deleted] 15 years ago
any 52mm polarizer will work with the kit lens
also take a look at this lens hood from nikon for the 18-55mm lens:
powerful silk [deleted] 15 years ago
this is the def:
Lens hoods are primarily designed to prevent unwanted stray light from entering the lens by extending and shading the end of the lens. In addition, since the end of the lens is extended, you also get the added benefit of some extra protection from accidental impact.

when would i want to use one of these?
Groups Beta