- Get Pro
Hello flickr friends
As I was browsing the flickr constellation I realized that most of the pools are scattered with thumbnails of pictures that at first sight are so called "EyeCatchers". So thumbnails that right from the way catch your eye and urge you to see the whole picture immediately, will be called by the members of this group EyeCatchers and the members themselves will call each other Watchers. If you see an "EyeCatcher" – please feel free to invite the author with his thumbnail and picture to this pool.
So to put it in a simple way - this group is all about flickr thumbnails that caught your eye with something. For example vivid colors or just the composition.
Notice - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - only pictures that have the invite in the comment can be posted in this pool !!! So please don`t add pictures from your own photostream unless they were invited in the comment. Thank you in advance for obeing this one simple rule ;)
To make your life easier, here is a quick SOP (on suggestion from dx0ne) which will help you to create a bookmark which again will save the anoying copy/paste procedure every time you add our invite text to a comment. And here`s how it works.
(FOR INTERNET EXPLORER)
1. Add the Eyecatcher group to your "Favourites" which will create a Flickr Eyecatcher bookmark in it.
2. Click on the bookmarked link with your right mouse button which will open a popup box and select "Properties".
3. In the Properties window on the Web Properties tab, copy and paste the following code in the URL box :
<b>A real Eyecatcher.</b> Please add this picture and join the <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/Eyecatcher/">Eyecatcher</a> group.'); void 0;
4. Click the "Apply" button and confirm the popup with "yes" than click the OK button and confirm the popup with "yes".
5. Now if you want to paste the invite in a comment - just put your cursor in the comment window and click the bookmark.
6. You`ll get the folowing code in the comment window:
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/eyecatcher/"><img src="https://static.flickr.com/71/buddyicons/92023648@N00.jpg"></a>
<b>A real Eyecatcher.</b> Please add this picture and join the <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/Eyecatcher/">Eyecatcher</a> group.
What will turn into this after you you click "POST COMMENT":
A real Eyecatcher. Please add this picture and join the Eyecatcher group.
1. Click on the Bookmarks menu.
2. Than click Add Bookmark.
3. Click again on the Bookmarks menu and find the added Bookmark.
4. Rightclick on it and select properties
5. Give the Bookmark a name of your choice and copy the code from point 3 of the above Internet Explorer setup, into the adres/url box.
If you have any doubts about above SOP please let me know.
It`s also well seen to comment on pictures you see the first time in the group and are considered by you as Eyecatchers
If you do comment on a picture in the EyeCatcher pool please paste this code after your comment:
** This is from an <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/Eyecatcher/">Eyecatcher</a> friend. **
Which will turn into this:
** This is from an Eyecatcher friend. **
If you were invited to this group we - "The Watchers" would love you to add EyeCatcher as a tag.
This rule was proposed by dxOne. Visit him if you didn`t ;).
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe