- Get Pro
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Sticky Please tag your photos!||boundless year (deleted)||44||TomBrooklyn||10 years ago|
|Where was this?||Loon Man Returns||1||Loon Man Returns||2 months ago|
|I'll give you a hint||boundless year (deleted)||11||Emilio Guerra||4 months ago|
|Now it can be revealed!! (Part 2...)||Loon Man Returns||9||Loon Man Returns||5 months ago|
|Roll call...||Loon Man Returns||13||Loon Man Returns||9 months ago|
|From the Nycunguessed Dungeon - part 4||H.L.I.T.||42||rbs10025||1 year ago|
|NYC TV locations||Loon Man Returns||1||rbs10025||1 year ago|
|Out of curiosity...||Loon Man Returns||1||rbs10025||1 year ago|
|group winding down?||simply innocuous||2||rbs10025||2 years ago|
|Lost NYC, Captured in Postcards||Loon Man Returns||3||Doug Ensel||2 years ago|
Group DescriptionLet's see who really knows New York the best.
Please post pix of various shots in New York City and see if people can figure out where they're taken.
Buildings, streets, people, restaurants, bars, cafes, subways, buses, dogs, cats, playgrounds, bums, etc....
Anything and everything is fair game as long as it's within the confines of New York City. And PLEASE, keep it safe for work. There are lots of lunch hour visitors.
A few rules and guidelines:
1. Shots must be in or of New York City's five boroughs.
2. You have to respond to people's guesses. You can't just put a photo in and walk away, because then you're only fishing for exposure and not playing the game. Your shot will be deleted from the pool if you don't respond to people's guesses.
3. You must not block group admins and moderators from commenting on your shots or emailing you. Providing you feedback is sometimes part of their role, and you must make yourself open to it.
4. Rest rooms are frowned upon.
5. "Revs" street sculptures are forbidden unless they have already been stolen. This is a courtesy to revs fans, who have noticed that when the locations of these sculptures is divulged on the Internet, they get stolen. Seriously, go to the revs pool and ask, if you don't believe us!
To insure variety, we've set a limit of 2 photos a day to help those who have been challenged by this concept.
Other than that, try not to give the location away with your tags, title, caption or groupings.
When posting a pic to the group, please add the tag nycunguessed to the photo. Once the photo is guessed, please remove the unguessed tag and replace with nycguessed as well as the name of the person who guessed it + guessed (ie. franklynchguessed, fakeisthenewrealguessed).
There are more tagging guidelines here.
You can search for all unguessed, properly tagged photos in the pool by clicking this link.
Photos of private spaces such as your friend's really cool loft apartment can't be guessed, so don't even think about submitting it. Think really hard about posting ANY photo which can't be guessed. You're not playing "Stump the Band."
Group RulesGuess Where NYC is a fun group and you'll get lots of views. But we have rules which help keep it fun... And if you don't follow the rules, your pictures risk ejection.
SO READ THESE RULES.
The object of the game is to submit a photo from NYC and have other people guess where it is. The picture must be "guessable," and that means limited access locations like hotel rooms and bathrooms and the inside of people's apartments aren't acceptable. It also means it should be unique and recognizable. This is a game, but it's not called "Stump the Band."
1. All pictures must be from NYC, any of the five boroughs.
2. Read the policy on tags. (That link will open a new window, so don't worry about losing your place here.) It includes important information on what tags to include on submission and how to revise them after your photo has been guessed.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, leave tags, titles, or captions that reveal where the picture is before it's been guessed.
4. When people submit guesses, you have to respond.
5. Do not block pool administrators and moderators from commenting on your photos in the pool. Comments are our primary way of giving helpful guidance.
6. Do not use any outside sources (maps, search engines, etc.) to determine a location. You are supposed to rely on your own knowledge and experiences.
7. As a courtesy to fans of the street artist Revs, do not post pictures of his sculptures. Those sculptures have a habit of being stolen once their locations become known.
We also recommend against subjects which can only be temporarily seen. Worst case example would be something that the wind or the department of sanitation might carry off. Use judgment when posting graffiti on walls that owners paint over. Graffiti that owners ignore is probably going to be fine.
If you can agree to these rules, you're welcome to join in on the fun. There is truly lots to be had.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe