- Get Pro
winglessangel383838 ADMIN June 21, 2010
Have a great summer all!
HELP! I've been Meme'd and don't want you using my images!
Do not use list...
Welcome to the My Meme group! This started off as someone seeing this on someone's stream and copying it and so forth and so on... which is exactly what a meme is!
"In the context of web logs / 'blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it's some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on. I generally consider these to be actual questions and not some multiple choice quizzes that determine some result at the end (what color you are most like, what cartoon character are you, what 80's movie are you)."
We want to keep this fun and fresh so we will be posting a topic for suggested questions, themes or groups. Each Monday we will release a new set of 12 questions (to complete a 3x4 or 4x3 meme) based on this. It will work a number of ways, but we will explain for the week - some weeks the questions must be searched from your contact list only, all of flickr or a specific group. Also we will let you know if they should be sourced from interesting/recent/relevant in the search settings.
Tag your shot "mymeme" and whatever the tag for that weeks meme is. Post your meme for that week in the relevant thread as well. When a new meme question set is posted, no memes for previous weeks will be accepted into the pool, but you are welcome to continue posting them in the thread.
Most importantly, be sure to include the links to the original photos used, visit the shots in other peoples memes, I've seen some real gems so far! And lastly, have fun!
Check this thread for how to make a meme.
Each week you submit a meme, you must invite someone else to the group. The catch? You must invite someone who's photo you visited through a meme that was submitted for that week. Use the code between the ===== below to invite people to the group if you've seen their photo as the result of someone's meme or used it in a meme yourself.
You've been memed! I saw your photo used in a meme over at the <A href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/mymeme/">My Meme group</a> and invite you to become a member.
You've been memed! I used your photo in a meme over at the <A href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/mymeme/">My Meme group</a> and invite you to become a member.
Group Rules1. Each meme must include answers to all 12 questions.
2. Meme must follow the proper search parameters determined for the week.
3. Meme MUST contain the links to the photos used.
4. No black squares - if your meme shows up on BigHugeLabs with a black square, you'll have to find a new image for that square.
5. No adult content... this is a public all ages group!
6. Each week you submit a meme, you must invite one more person to the group. This person you invite must be someone who's photo you visited through a meme that was submitted for that week.
7. HAVE FUN!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe