new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Anderson's Hollow Lighthouse | by Miles Away Photography - Mandi Miles
Back to photostream

Anderson's Hollow Lighthouse

The Andersons Hollow Lighthouse

The 'restless light'

 

Back in the 1800's, this small lighthouse signaled to mariners from a public wharf at Waterside Beach. When the wharf fell victim to disuse and neglect, the lighthouse was moved to a private property overlooking the scenic bay adjacent to Route 915. It sat there for many years.

 

Several years ago, it was rescued from destruction once more and moved to the Old Bank Museum property in Riverside-Albert. In 2001, it was moved once more (by flatbed truck), this time to nearby Harvey Bank Heritage Shipyard Park, where it stands today.

 

© All Rights Reserved - Miles Away Photography

Please! No usage allowed without the consent of Mandi A. Miles

Based out of Flesherton, ON, please write for prices and information!

Miles Away Photography

212 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 1, 2012