new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Battersea Power Station | by Reading Tom
Back to photostream

Battersea Power Station

The western half was built in 1929-35 with S L Pearce the engineer in chief with J Theo Halliday, the architect of the brick exterior. Sir Giles Gilbert Scott was a consultant on the exterior. The eastern half was added in 1944-55 was anticipated in the original design. The power station closed in 1983.

997 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on June 30, 2013