The Arm Reliquary
"Behind the rock crystal pane the bones (ulna and radius) of Charlemagne's right forearm can be seen. A document wrapped around the bones testifies that they were transferred from the shrine of Charlemagne to the reliquary on 12 October 1481. The reliquary was donated by a French king, which is indicated by the three French lilies and the crown on the coat-of-arms. King Louis XI had the reliquary made from gilt silver in Lyon. Since 1474 Charlemagne has been venerated as the progenitor of the French Kings."
Excerpt from the Little Guide to the Treasury of Aachen Cathedral.