South Carolina, Beaufort County- St. Helena Island, St. Helena Parish Chapel Of Ease (Ruins)
The the Chapel of Ease was built circa 1740. Its ruins are a relatively intact example of mid-eighteenth century tabby construction. Tabby is a mixture of equal parts of oyster shell, sand, water and lime. The St. Helena Parish Chapel Of Ease Ruins is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.