First Church of Christ, Scientist (San Jose)
Built in 1905, this Neoclassical/Byzantine building stands on the edge of St. James Park. The congregation moved in 1946 and the building was utilized for a series of functions, including a theater and child-care center. It has however been empty for decades. Recent efforts to restore the church faltered after the Great Recession, and it remains abandoned, a favorite of hobos and the druggies nearby.
Downtown, San Jose, California