Sankta Birgittas kapell, Östra kyrkogården, Malmö
Architect: Sigurd Lewerentz (1885-1975)
Built in 1916
St Birgitta’s Chapel is the first chapel of the cemetery.
The Eastern Cemetery (Östra kyrkogården) is famous for its design and beauty far beyond Swedens borders. The Cemetery was created by the architect Sigurd Lewerentz, who from 1916 until his death in 1975 was engaged in the cemetery's various stages of development. After a contest Lewerentz was chosen to design the cemetery and the related buildings.
More information about The Eastern Cemetary in Swedish.
More pictures of Sigurd Lewerentz’ work
Images of other architects' works