Castle Te Werve
The history of Te Werve starts conveniently in the year 1000, when a fortified tower, or donjon, probably stood at this same location.
That was replaced by a square castle in 1448, by knight Jan Ruygrock. The dovcote near the castle was probaby built at the same time.
The Ruygrock family lived here for over three centuries. In the 18th century the castle was halved by the demolition of two of the four sides it consisted of.
At the same time the moat was also partly filled in. Around 1810 a serpentine lake was also dug out.
The tree in the foreground probably predates these last alterations.