new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Grand Portage National Monument | by Sean_Marshall
Back to photostream

Grand Portage National Monument

From 1784 to 1803, this was the site of the inland headquarters of the North Western Company, where the Grand Portage from Lake Superior around the Pigeon River rapids led towards Lake of the Woods, the Red River and Lake Winnipeg. It moved to Fort William once the border between the US and what is now Canada became a problem.

149 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on August 6, 2019