new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
P1280400 | by Andy961
Back to photostream

P1280400

Monument to Confederate artillery Major John Pelham (1838-1863). He was killed at Kelly's Ford on March 17, 1863. The obelisk was first dedicated on October 29, 1927. Moved to its present location opposite the Graffiti House in 2013.

 

"Culpeper’s Pelham monument moves to new site," Free Lance-Star, May 23, 2013.

197 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on June 23, 2014