20191201_Trinidad and Tobago_0077 crop Port of Spain sRGB
The Archbishop’s Palace, home of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Port of Spain, has inflatable Advent candles in the front yard. The house was completed in 1903 in a style influenced by Indian Empire architecture using a design from an Irish architect. A substantial renovation done in 1968 and 1969 almost completely remodeled the first floor.
The Magnificent Seven are a row of grand old houses on the western edge of Queen’s Park Savannah built in 1904, except for Hayes Court built in 1910. Each plantation owner intended his residence to be more impressive than any of his neighbors’. Restoration status varies. Several are owned by the government.
On Google Earth:
Archbishop’s Palace 10°40'16.77"N, 61°31'8.49"W