new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Lever House | by arnd Dewald
Back to photostream

Lever House

The Lever House, 390 Park Ave. (53)

An all-time classic, the prototype for curtain-wall-facades. Built by Skidmore Owings Merrill (SOM) between 1948 to 1952 it is still as fancy as it once was.

This view is from the Seagram plaza (by Mies van der Rohe).

 

Info

9,690 views
8 faves
1 comment
Taken on April 3, 2006