Palacio de Cibeles (Ayuntamiento de Madrid)
Communications Palace (also called Palacio de Telecomunicaciones, and since 2011, Palacio de Cibeles) is an integrated two white buildings located in one of the centers of historic Madrid set. They are erected on one side of the Plaza de Cibeles and occupy about 30,000 square meters of which were the ancient Gardens of Good Retiro.3 Site selection generated some controversy in his time in Madrid deprive a playground. 4. The first stone was laid in 1907 and officially inaugurated on March 14, 1919, starting its operation as a modern distribution center post, telegraph and telephone. After some architectural changes outside the building such as the extension on two floors to the street and passage of Montalban and in 2007 began to house the municipal offices of Madrid City Council, transferring its dependencies from the Casa de la Villa and House Cisneros, both located in the Plaza de la Villa. This reform of the early twenty-first century in the building also included a cultural area called "CentroCentro".