Bruce Lavacher and David Cottingham - 1956 Ferrari 500 TR at the 2015 Goodwood Revival (Photo 2)
Second shot of this beautifully finished Ferrari 500 TR Scaglietti, S/N 0614MDTR at the 2015 Goodwood Revival. Previous shot had the mechanic doing some work on the car, this time the car is sitting on its own in the glorious early morning sunlight.
Originally owned by William Helburn of New York, this car first appeared on track at Watkins Glen.
In 1959, a Chevy V8 was engine installed, as seems to be a common modification on these cars at that time to keep them running without the expense of sourcing expensive spares.
It would appear the car then went into decline in the early 1960's, and was left dismantled and in a sorry state for a number of years, until DK Engineering completed a restoration of the vehicle in 2012/13.