Landis Log Cabin
This log cabin is a replica of one built in 1918 by C. J. Landis and Smith Taylor for a Forest Service Fire Guard. Grazing livestock was the only use of this area of the Forest at that time. By 1934 a dirt road and the Box Canyon Guard Station were constructed by Civilian Conservation Corps enrollees. The original cabin was reported to have been destroyed by vandals in 1969. This replica was built in 1972 by the Forest Service and a neighborhood youth corps crew. It is located in a meadow near the Box Canyon Guard Station along the Aufderheide Scenic Drive in the Willamette National Forest in Lane County, Oregon.
18 photos · 3 views