new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Parque Lage | by JeffersonG
Back to photostream

Parque Lage

The history of Parque Lage begins in 1811, when Rodrigo de Freitas Mello e Castro acquires a farm belonging to Fagundes Varela, the Engenho de Açúcar Del Rei, on the banks of the lagoon. John Tyndale, an English landscape artist, received in 1840 an assignment to redesign a farm and a project for the whole project of romanticism found in parks in his homeland.

3,639 views
214 faves
205 comments
Taken on September 1, 2018