new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
XE3F8249 - Mezquita de San Petersburgo - Saint Petersburg Mosque - Санкт-Петербу́ргская мече́ть | by Enrique R G
Back to photostream

XE3F8249 - Mezquita de San Petersburgo - Saint Petersburg Mosque - Санкт-Петербу́ргская мече́ть

La mezquita de San Petersburgo (en ruso, Соборная мечеть Санкт-Петербурга) es una mezquita de Rusia erigida en el centro de la ciudad de San Petersburgo, la mezquita más grande de Europa a principios del siglo XX, ya que el minarete más alto de los dos que tiene alcanza los 49 metros, y su única cúpula mide 39 metros de alto. Tiene capacidad para cinco mil fieles y se puede ver su cúpula azul desde el puente de la Trinidad, al otro lado del río Nevá.

En 1882, Salimgarei Tèvkelev fue nombrado mufti de Orenburg y acordó con el ministro Dmitri Tolstoi el proyecto de una mezquita para San Petersburgo. En 1906, el ministro formó una comisión especial encabezada por Gataullin Baiazítov para recaudar 750.000 rublos en los diez años que se previó que duraría la construcción de la mezquita. Se organizaron colectas por las poblaciones de Rusia, muchos patrocinadores contribuyeron con donaciones, y la comisión inyectó hasta 142.000 rublos en valores y sellos. El mayor donante fue Said Abdul Ahad, emir de Bukhara, ya que aportó todos los gastos de la edificación.

La localización de la mezquita era simbólica, de cara a la Fortaleza de San Pedro y San Pablo, en el centro de la ciudad. El 3 de julio de 1907, en Peterhof, el emperador Nicolás II de Rusia otorgó el permiso para la compra del terreno. En otoño, la comisión aprobó el proyecto del arquitecto Nikolai Vasíliev y el ingeniero Stepan Kritxinski, con la supervisión de la construcción por parte del académico Alexander Von Hohen. La fachada del edificio se construyó con la combinación de adornos orientales y de mosaico azul turquesa.

El 3 de febrero de 1910 tuvo lugar la ceremonia de inicio de las obras, dirigida por Baiazítov y con la asistencia de personalidades del gobierno, del clero y la sociedad civil. Entre otros, asistieron el emir de Bukhara, Harusin, Nóvikov, los embajadores de Turquía y Persia; Muhamediar Sultànov, mufti de Orenburg, y Tevkèlev, líder del partido musulmán en la Duma.

La primera piedra se puso en 1910 para conmemorar el vigésimo quinto aniversario del reinado de Sayyid Abd al-Akhad Khan en Bukhara. Por aquel entonces, la comunidad musulmana de la capital rusa superaba las ocho mil almas. La estructura era capaz de alojar su mayor parte. El arquitecto Nikolai Vasíliev la diseñó inspirándose en el Gur-e Amir, el mausoleo de Tamerlán en Samarcanda. En 1921 se terminó la construcción.

Las paredes se hicieron con granito gris y la cúpula y ambos minaretes se cubrieron de mosaicos de cerámica de color azul cielo. En la construcción de la mezquita trabajaron artesanos de todo el Asia central. Las fachadas se decoraron con frases del Corán escritas con caligrafía árabe. Las columnas del interior están realizadas con mármol verde. La mezquita se encuentra tapizada con alfombras artesanales tejidas por diversos lugares de Asia central. Los fieles quedan separados según el sexo mientras tienen lugar las plegarias y las mujeres ocupan el primer piso.

Con la segunda guerra mundial, en 1940 la mezquita fue cerrada a los fieles y se usó de almacén. A petición popular, la mezquita reabrió como centro de culto en 1956. En 1980 se hicieron importantes obras de restauración.

 

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezquita_de_San_Petersburgo

 

 

The Saint Petersburg Mosque (Russian: Санкт-Петербу́ргская мече́ть), when opened in 1913, was the largest mosque in Europe outside Turkey, its minarets 49 meters in height and the dome is 39 meters high. The mosque is situated in downtown St Petersburg. It can accommodate up to five thousand worshippers.

The founding stone was laid in 1910 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the reign of Abdul Ahat Khan in Bukhara. By that time, the Muslim community of the Russian then-capital exceeded 8,000 people. The projected structure was capable of accommodating most of them. The architect Nikolai Vasilyev patterned the mosque after Gur-e Amir, the tomb of Tamerlane in Samarkand. Its construction was completed by 1921.

Worshippers are separated by gender during a worship service; females worship on the first floor, while the males worship on the ground floor. The Mosque was closed to worshippers from 1940 to 1956.

In 1882, Selim-Girei Tevkelev who in 1865 was appointed the Mufti of Orenburg turned to and obtained agreement from minister Count Tolstoy with the requirement for a mosque in St. Petersburg. In 1906, the Minister formed a special committee headed by Ahun Ataulla Bayazitov to collect 750,000 rubles within 10 years for the construction of the mosque. They organised collections in towns and providences of Russia and received donations from many sponsors. In addition the committee input securities in total amount of 142,000 rubles and also stamps for mosque's project. The biggest donor was Said Abdoul Ahad, Emir of Bochara who undertook all expenses for the building.

The location of the mosque was symbolic, sited opposite the Peter and Paul Fortress, in the city centre. The permission to purchase the site was given by Emperor Nicholas II in Peterhof on 3 July 1907. That autumn, the committee approved the project by architect Nikolai Vasilyev, the engineer Stepan Krichinsky, and construction was overseen by academic Alexander von Hohen. The building facade was made by combining both oriental ornaments and turquoise blue mosaic.

On 3 February 1910, the brick laying ceremony was performed by Ahun Bayazitov, attended by government, religious and social figures. Among those who attended were Mohammed Alim Khan, the ambassadors of Ottoman Empire and Persia, and Tevkelev, the leader of the Muslims party in the Duma .

The walls were made with grey granite and the dome and both minarets (tower) are covered with mosaic ceramics of sky-light-blue colour. These were created by Peter Vaulin in his workshop in Kikerino. Skilled craftsmen from Central Asia took part working on the mosque. The facades are decorated with sayings from Koran using the characteristic Arabian calligraphy. Internal columns are made from green marble. Women pray on the first floor, above the western part of the hall. The mosque was covered by huge special made carpets woven by the Central Asian craftsmen.

In 1940 Soviet authorities banned services and turned the building into a medical equipment storehouse. At the request of the first Indonesian President, Sukarno, ten days after his visit to the city, the mosque was returned to the Muslim Religious community of St. Petersburg in 1956. A major restoration of the mosque was carried out in 1980.

 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg_Mosque

 

3,577 views
20 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 24, 2018