Nutella Cookie Bars
January 10, 2016
1. acceptable or agreeable to the palate or taste; savory:
2. acceptable or agreeable to the mind or feelings:
So this morning as I was searching through the pantry, trying to decide just what I could make for my treat of the week I noticed a large container of Nutella.
Something I purchased a while ago for the Nutella and Ferrero Rocher Brownies and had just sort of forgotten about.
Having my key ingredient picked out, I went about finding a recipe that suited what I had in the house already.
I found one, on the baking blog I used last week and figured why not. Last week was a success afterall.
Recipe for those interested:
1/2 cup of butter, melted
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2- 1 tsp of sea salt (depending on your taste buds)
1/2 - 1 cup of nutella (again, depending on your taste buds)
1/2 cup of condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease an 8x8 pan (or cheat and use parchment paper)
2. Cream together the melted butter, both sugars, and the vanilla. Stir in the egg.
3. Gradually mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until just incorporated.
4. Take about 3/4 of a cup of the dough and set aside. Press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan.
5. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella evenly over the base layer and pour the condensed milk on top
6. Crumble the dough you had set aside over the top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and cool before cutting.
Hope everyone has had a very Sweet Sunday.
Click "L" for a larger view.