Lower Marsh sign
Lower Marsh, London SE1.
"Welcome to Lower Marsh, so named because it lies on the site of the ancient Lambeth Marsh, which first appeared in historical records in 1377. This historic street has operated as a street market and centre for local shopping since the mid-nineteenth century. In 1984, Lambeth Council designated Lower Marsh and its immediate surroundings a conservation area in recognition of its special character."