new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Fire! | by PavelCurtis
Back to photostream

Fire!

At the end of a full day of work, our master carpenter Bobby was doing his usual inspection of the worksite, making sure that all of the tools were put away properly, etc. In the garage, he noticed the smell of smoke. He looked all over the place, but couldn't see anything out of place.

 

Eventually, his eye traveled upward and landed on a bathroom cabinet that had been stacked up next to a bare 150-watt lightbulb. The cabinet was clearly smoldering!

 

With the strength granted by adrenaline, he had no trouble grabbing the heavy cabinet off the high stack and running it out onto the driveway. Thinking to get the smoldering cardboard off of the cabinet before it caused any more damage, Bobby then managed to pop off the steel bands wrapping the box and tear away the cardboard. This, unfortunately, provided a nice burst of oxygen to the cabinet itself, which is what was actually smoldering; the door of the cabinet immediately burst into flames!

 

Still Bobby maintained his composure. He quickly found a screwdriver, popped open the door, and unhooked it from the hinges, thereby moving the fire away from the cabinet itself before any serious damage had been done to it. Amazing.

 

The door, of course, was a total loss, but I did get this cool souvenir photograph.

718 views
0 faves
1 comment
Taken on November 10, 2005